with the confidence and connections
to make a difference!
This website and BPW UK take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy. If you have any questions concerning your personal data and how we look after it then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all regulations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that will come into effect in May 2018.
We are recorded on the Data Protection Register under registration number ZA003956. The Data Protection Officer is the office manager, Ann Wiseall, at email@example.com
· To be clear about why we need to collect your personal data and what we are going to use it for
· To make it easy for you to contact us
· To keep it safe and secure
· To keep it accurate and up to date
· To only collect the data necessary to keep you informed about BPW
· To keep it no longer than necessary whilst you are a member
· To not pass on any of your data without your written consent
We collect information from our members and those who wish to become members. We do this both electronically and in sometimes in a paper format.
In choosing to share your personal details with us you will be agreeing to our collection and the use of your information as described in this policy.
If you no longer wish us to hold your details you can stop at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to
74, Fairfield Rise,
· To keep in touch with you
· To make sure that you receive the information and knowledge that as a member you are entitled to receive
· To inform you of events and items that as members you need to know about
· For administrative purposes: of your membership, bookings for conference and events, donations.
The policy will be updated from time to time to keep in line with changes in legislation
What information do we collect and how
We collect personal information about you that helps us to keep you as a member informed:
· Name and address
· Email address
· Preferred telephone number
· Date of birth
· Payment information
· Details of working groups that you are interested in
· Employment status
· If holding student/apprentice membership proof of status.
What do we do with your information
We use your information to ensure that we keep you informed about BPW UK, send you all relevant information and process any payments.
As a member this will include;
· sending you confirmation of your membership
· membership renewal information and methods of payment
· regular e-news
· annual reports
· Information relating to BPW International and BPW Europe
· application information and details about national events
· constitutional material
· and any information that you need as a member of BPW UK
Please do let us know if your details change.
Who will have access to your information
Your information will only be accessible to the members of the Federation Executive Committee (FEC) and the office manager.
Your contact details will be available to your area and club officers.
If you have opted to join a working party then the co-ordinator of that working group will be furnished with the contact details of the members of that group.
How do we keep your information safe?
The security of your information is very important to us, and is:
· password protected
· held in a locked filing cabinet
· any sensitive data is held in a safe
and we endeavour to keep abreast of the latest information.
If you have a password to allow you to access certain parts of our website, you must keep that password safe and not share it with anyone.
We will take every possible care to keep your information safe but this cannot be guaranteed, please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will do our best to ensure its safety.
We will keep your information for the period that you are a member.
If we dispose of your information it will always be done securely.
If you have any queries about the privacy of the information that we hold on you, please contact.
74, Fairfield Rise,
When we provide services we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on the device that you are using, e.g. your computer, IPad or mobile phone. These small files of information are called cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
This complies with recent legislation requirements for websites to obtain explicit consent from users before leaving behind or reading files such as cookies on a user’s device.
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or BPW UK do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
This website and BPW UK use any information submitted to provide you with;
· further information about your membership or BPW UK
· or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have
· This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your written permission was granted when applying for membership of the organisation .
· This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material.
· Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter, used to inform members about information and events supplied by this website
Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion.
Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the office manager. You need to opt-in to receive the e-news and this will form part of the renewal/membership application form
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with anyone outside of the organisation that operates this website
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all regulations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that will come into effect in May 2018. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with anyone outside of the organisation that operates this website
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system, or by sending written instructions to either email@example.com or to
74, Fairfield Rise,
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The BPW UK cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts.
Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and BPW UK cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
This website has links to Facebook and Twitter
Communication, engagement, and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and BPW UK participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
Neither BPW UK nor this website will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and will encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question.
Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and BPW UK through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages
By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website.
Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and BPW UK cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Terms and conditions
· By using this website you agree to use it for only lawful purposes and in a way that will not harm anyone else. BPW UK is happy for you to download information for your use but would not like you to put our information on another website or use it in any other way without our permission or to use the information you obtain for commercial use.
· If you download pictures please make sure that you acknowledge their source, as BPW UK will usually hold the copyright. If you download information or pictures where BPWUK does not hold the copyright, you will need to gain the permission of the copyright holder first.
· The pictures, logos, information, and photographs are provided for the use of our members. We do not accept any liability for damages however they are incurred if you use this site.
· BPW UK reserves the right to withdraw its website at any time without prior warning, though we will endeavour to inform our members if/when this happens and if it is a temporary or permanent withdrawal.
· BPW UK reserves the right to change or amend the terms and conditions or any of the policies without prior notice.
· By sending photographs, information or other content you agree to BPW UK using the information.
· The registration to the member's area will involve you being allocated a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of both the password and username. It is your responsibility to log out securely when you have finished using the members’ only area.